Sunday, March 30, 2008

*biting fingernails* *sighing nervously*

Ok, well, that little workout plan didn't go so well. And since my daughter has recently weaned, and I HAVEN'T been walking or jogging (read: broken toe), and I HAVE been feeling bad about that and therefore eating MORE, and I'm NOT producing milk (read: needing a gazillion calories a day)... Well, because of all of THAT, I've gained about 8 (EIGHT) pounds since I last visited our secret pink apartments.

SO! I did something I've never done before.... I joined Weight Watchers! Online! An actual, factual goddamn DIET! (I love how they say "it's not a diet, but a life change", and then introduce you to your new best friend, the measuring cup, while seating you next to your second new best friend- a family size bag of spinach).

As you can imagine, this is very traumatic for me, because a) I had to admit that I have too. much. fat. and b) I had to admit that I. need. help. with loosing it.

*gulping humble pie*

Soooo, here we go. But hey, at 2 lbs/week (I hope), I can be about 16 lbs lighter by June 1. That would be cool.

Oh, but wait. I joined WW for free for 7 days, which is good, because then I got to wondering... should I be doing Bob Green's "Best Life" diet instead???? Anyone????

5 comments:

Constance the Thirteenth said...

Once upon a time I did WW online, and I really liked it. I ended up entering things and keeping closer track for about 2 months, then things became sort of automatic and I stopped entering as much. After about 4 months I cancelled my membership, because I just wasn't using it enough to make it worth it - although I did still use what I had learned, so having access to all that information for a period of time was really helpful.

Good luck!

artemisia said...

I am in the EXACT same predicament as you. Ok, not exactly. No kids!

But - This is the first time I've dieted in ANY FORM - like even paying a little bit of attention to portion sizes - in my entire life.

That is what I am doing now, and cutting out sugar. i haven't taken the leap to join WW, but if my own little "diet" doesn't work, I'll give it a shot.

Admitting that I need to lose 20 POUNDS to return to what had been my maintained adult weight for the past 12 years was so HARD. And EMBARRASSING. And SCARY.

I am also working out more - i.e. any activity at all.

We can do this! 2 pounds a week! Yes, we can! I am making mini-goals of 2 lbs a week and ignoring the 20 pound ultimate goal, for now.

YOU CAN DO IT!

ConstanceTheSixth said...

I commend you and you can do it! I recently lost 30 lbs on what they call "The Widow Diet" which consists of basically hauling one's butt off the couch to make something processed and easy for the kids and then flopping back down while they eat. I hate myself for it, but the weight came off. Now, to maintain, I am back to visiting the gym for circuit training every other day. I think the exercise is key...and also hard to keep up. We can all do this...I think...hope...

Constance the Seventy Third said...

I really liked WW- I did the diet after I had my first son (and will be starting it again later this month). I didn't keep up the membership.. I just joined, got all the materials, and kept track of points on my own. It worked great for me! I like that you can eat what you want, you just are accountable for portion size and if you eat junk, that just means you eat less that day.

Sarah said...

This is exactly why I am still just all talk when it comes to weaning Eli. I can't bear the idea of putting on another five pounds when I'm still not back to my prebaby weight. I remember well what happened when Addy weaned... Boo.