Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Food Diary, Day 1

Breakfast:
*1/2 cup grapenuts with a handful of trail mix (raisins, craisins, almonds, and walnuts), drizzle of honey, and 1% milk
*2 mugs of coffee, heavy of the cream (fat-free french vanilla)

Snack:
*big handful of trail mix
*string cheese

Lunch:
*salad: lettuce, cooked boneless, skinless chicken strips (a little less than 1 breast), crumbled feta, and a squirt of lemon juice

Snack*:
*a tiny cup of Cold Stone cake batter (OMG YUMMO!)

Supper*:
*Sandwich with mayo, lettuce, provolone, sprouts, and avocado
*3-4 chips
* 1/3 of a coke

Exercise:
*20 minute quick walk, squeezed into a atypically busy day for us.

*Yesterday was a very different than normal day for us. I ended up leaving for B1gger Town around 2 pm and not getting home until around 10:30pm. We rarely eat out, and even more rarely twice in one day (snack at Cold Stone and dinner at sandwich shop), but that's how yesterday went down.

You know? Even though eating ice cream and a big sandwich does not qualify as a "good" Day One for a "diet", I am very ok with it all. My goal this week was to write down what I ate (and hopefully make good food choices, sure), but I feel like just making conscious decisions about food is part of the success.

Also, sudden and severe deprivation for me is not going to work. I could have skipped the Cold Stone, YES, but chances are later I would have felt weak and dove head first into something else.

No comments: