Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Food Diary, Day 2

Wow, this blogging about what I eat, this keeping track and writing it down, is really making me aware of what I eat. Day 2 was a snack-y day. I think I have a lot of those.

Breakfast:
*1/2 cup grapenuts with trail mix, drizzle of honey, 1% milk
*2 mugs of coffee with heavy-handed cream.

Lunch:
*chicken breast, cut up and mixed with (left-over) spanish rice and sweet corn and sprinkled with mozerella cheese
*1 string cheese.

Snack:
*hot chocolate (from powdered mix)
*1 sugar cookie.
* Later I ate a bunch (1/2 cup?) of drained chick peas.

Dinner:
*1 1/2 slices of cheese pizza (from frozen)
*1 very delicious pear.

Evening eating:
* had various snacks at book club- a (nother!) sugar cookie. Ok, maybe TWO sugar cookies
*some of those pastel mint things with the little white dots on them
*small amount (maybe 4-6) chips with salsa.

Exercise:
*briskly walked (with Marin in jogger) to and from the library, about 25 minutes each way.

I would say overall, it was not a "diet day" I would be proud of. However, I am not upset with myself, like, AT ALL. For one thing, I got some exercise. For another, I was meeting my goal for this week by being aware (and writing down) what I ate.

Also, those book club snacks? This is the main reason that the one time I tried Weight Watchers, it frustrated me. How do you account for everything? And since I'm the type that wants to get it right, whenever I'd have to guess or approximate, I would feel deflated, or like I was "cheating" or like "I messed this up already, so I may as well just give up now."



1 comment:

Tess said...

Why do I love reading about what people eat SO MUCH? Clearly a sickness.

One thing I really, really like is when somebody starts their food diary before they go all Nazi on a certain diet. I like seeing what people "normally" eat. Like, you are a snacker! I myself am more of a "gorge on 1 or 2 giant meals a day"-er. Erm, not that you asked.

Anyway, I remain riveted. Good times.